String Quartet No.7
Leningrad. Glinka Small Hall of the Conservatoire. First performance in Moscow. September 17th. Small Hall of the Conservatoire. Performed by the Beethoven Quartet.
1960. "Sovetskii kompozitor". Parts, score.
Whereabouts of the hand-written score unknown. Drafts are in the archive of the composer’s family.
Dedication: “To the Memory of Nina Vasilievna Shostakovich”
in F Sharp Minor
Quartet No. 7 was completed in March 1960. The premiere took place on May 15, 1960 in Leningrad, in the Small Hall named after M.I. Glinka, and on September 17 of the same year the quartet was performed by the Beethoven Quartet in Moscow, in the Small Hall of the Conservatory.
- Beethoven Quartet: D. Tsyganov, V. Shirinsky, V. Borisovsky, S. Shirinsky 1960 // Melodia D-08019-20, 1961
- The Borodin Quartet: R. Dubinsky, Y. Alexandrov, D. Shebalin, V. Berlinsky 1963 // Shinsekai SMK-7542,
- The Borodin Quartet: M. Kopelman, A. Abramenkov, D. Shebalin, V. Berlinsky 1981 // Melodia С10-17869-70, 1982
- The Taneyev Quartet: V. Ovcharek, G. Lutsky, V. Soloviev, I. Levinson 1978 // Melodia S10-10241-42, 1978
- Quartet of students of the Leningrad Conservatory: A. Aranovskaya, A. Goryainova, A. Dogadin, L. Shukaev 1987 // Melodia С10 27377 003, 1988
- Beethoven Quartet: D. Tsyganov, V. Shirinsky, V. Borisovsky, S. Shirinsky. 1960 // Melodia D 08019-20, 1961